MyMobile Deposit - Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for MyMobile Deposit?
- What if an eligible account is not listed in MyMobile Deposit?
- What types of checks can I deposit with MyMobile Deposit?
- Are there any limits on the dollar amount and the number of deposits I can submit?
- Do I photograph both the front and the back of my check?
- How do I endorse my check for MyMobile Deposit?
- How will I know if my financial institution received my deposit?
- How will I know when my financial institution processes my deposit?
- When will my deposit post to my account?
- When will a deposit made through MyMobile Deposit show in my balance?
- Can I photograph more than one check at a time?
- What if the check image I photographed is bad?
- Do I destroy my check after I photograph the deposit?
- Can I make my opening account deposit through MyMobile Deposit?
- What if I submitted a deposit for the wrong amount? Do I need to resubmit the deposit?
- What if I submit the same deposit twice in error?
- A check I submitted was returned, can I resubmit it?
- If I need additional information on MyMobile Deposit, who can I call?
- Are there any accounts that do not qualify for Business MyMobile Deposit?
- Do I need a certain type of mobile phone to use MyMobile Deposit?
- What type of internet connectivity do I need?
- The processing time to upload a check is very slow? Why?
Who is eligible for MyMobile Deposit?
Customers who have a Checking, Savings, or Money Market account that has been opened for a minimum of 30 days are eligible for the MyMobile Deposit service.
What if an account is not listed in MyMobile Deposit?
In most cases, eligible accounts will automatically be signed up for MyMobile Deposit. If you have an eligible account that has not been enabled, please call us at (540) 342-2265 for assistance. Please note that accounts are pre-qualified prior to being authorized for use with the MyMobile Deposit service.
What types of checks can I deposit with MyMobile Deposits?
Most domestic checks can be processed through MyMobile Deposit. We are unable to accept Money Orders, Foreign Items, Savings Bonds, or Third Party Checks through MyMobile Deposit. For a complete list, refer to Terms and Conditions.
Are there any limits on the dollar amount of deposits I can submit?
Yes. You may not use the service to deposit items totaling more than $5,000 per day or $5,000 per item.
Do I photograph both the front and the back of my check?
Yes. During the deposit process, you will be required to photograph the front and back of your check.
How do I endorse my check for Mobile RDC?
You should sign your check with the following endorsement:
Your signature as it appears on the front of the check or For Deposit Only
How will I know if my financial institution received my deposit?
You will receive a notification by e-mail when your deposit has been received.
How will I know when my financial institution processes my deposit?
When your deposit is processed, you will receive a second e-mail notification on the status of your deposit. This e-mail will indicate if the deposit was approved or declined for processing. If declined, a reason will be provided.
When will my deposit post to my account?
Deposits can be made with MyMobile Deposit at any time. If your deposit is approved by your financial institution before our daily cutoff time of
4:00 p.m. on any Valley Bank business day, your deposit will post to your account the next business day.
When will a deposit be made through MyMobile Deposit show in my balance?
Availability will be based on the Bank’s Reg CC Policy as stated in your new account documents.
Example: For deposits under $200.00, the balance will be available the next day. For deposits over $200.00, the amount over $200.00 is held for two business days.
Can I photograph more than one check at a time?
You can photograph one check per deposit.
What if the check image I photographed is bad?
You have the option to retake photographs of the check before submitting or you may cancel the deposit. If you are unable to photograph a clear image, please visit your local branch or mail your deposit to Valley Bank for processing.
Do I destroy my check after I photographed the deposit?
No, keep the check for 30 days to ensure it posts to your statement. After 30 days, you may securely shred the check. Do not VOID the check after submittal in the event the deposit is not approved and needs to be re-submitted.
Can I make my opening account deposit through MyMobile Deposit?
No, at this time the MyMobile Deposit functionality cannot be used to initially fund a new account.
What if I submitted a deposit for the wrong amount? Do I need to resubmit the deposit?
No, you do not need to resubmit your deposit. If you entered the wrong amount for the deposit, our operarations center will correct the deposit amount.
What if I submit the same deposit twice in error?
If the same deposit is submitted twice, it will be identified and stopped by our processing. Should this occur, you will receive a declined deposit notification for the second deposit received through the MyMobile Deposit service or you will be notified by mail.
A check I submitted was returned, can I resubmit it?
If a deposit is returned, please do not re-deposit the check with the MyMobile Deposit functionality. You will receive written communication from Valley Bank through the US Postal Service if a deposit is returned.
If I need additional information on MyMobile Deposit, who can I call?
For additional assistance, please call your local Valley Bank branch or (540)342-2265.
Are there any accounts that do not qualify for Business MyMobile Deposit? Yes, Non-Profit Club, Non-Profit Organization, Analysis, Community Partners, and Public Fund accounts do not qualify for this service.
Current Pre-requsites for using Check Deposit
- User has an iPhone® running iOS 3.1 or higher
- User has a device running Android™ OS 2.1 or higher and a camera that supports autofocus.
- The user has enrolled for Mobile Banking through Online Banking and successfully activated the phone.
What type of internet connectivity do I need?
Mobile phone must have an appropriate data plan that allows the transmission of data over the internet.
The processing time to upload check is very slow? Why?
The processing from device to the bank and back is not controlled by the bank. This is dependent upon your device, carrier, memory on the device, and current connection that you have. Try to improve one or more of these elements and re-try uploading check again.